The household gathers together. If you have a candle, light a candle to signify God’s presence. Ask the Holy Spirit to join you during this time of prayer.
Christ is risen!
Christ is risen indeed! Alleluia!
HYMN – „Come, Holy Ghost, Our Hearts Inspire“ by Charles Wesley (1740)
(sing along with YouTube: https://youtu.be/DDqWO2XX87c)
1. Come Holy Ghost, our hearts inspire,
let us thine influence prove;
source of the old prophetic fire,
fountain of life and love.
2. Come, Holy Ghost, for, moved by thee,
thy prophets wrote and spoke:
unlock the truth, thyself the key,
unseal the sacred book.
3. Expand thy wings, celestial Dove,
brood o’er our nature’s night;
on our disordered spirits move,
and let there now be light.
4. God, through himself, we then shall know,
if thou within us shine;
and sound, with all thy saints below,
the depths of love divine.
God in heaven, you surprised and amazed your disciples at Pentecost with the gift of the Holy Spirit. We praise you for the Spirit who still fills our lives and hearts. Send your mighty Spirit on us as we worship; fill us with joy and excitement. Amen.
Moment for silent reflection
SERMON by Rev. Dr. Eric Barreto from Day1.org (click here to read)
AFFIRMATION OF FAITH (read aloud)
We are not alone, we live in God’s world.
We believe in God:
who has created and is creating;
who has come in Jesus, the Word made flesh,
to reconcile and make new;
who works in us and others by the Spirit.
We trust in God.
We are called to be the church:
to celebrate God’s presence;
to live with respect in creation;
to love and serve others;
to seek justice and resist evil;
to proclaim Jesus, crucified and risen,
our judge and our hope.
In life, in death, in life beyond death,
God is with us.
We are not alone.
Thanks be to God. Amen.
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE
Spirit of fire, who came as a rushing wind breathing life and hope into dead bones and cold hearts, we praise you for the comfort and guidance you have given the church throughout the ages:
- for your presence in creation,
- for guiding decisions to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic,
- for your work through the church universal . . .
- for your presence in our worship . . .
- for your sanctifying work in our lives . . .
Holy Spirit, we pray for your comfort and guidance
- as we care for creation . .
- for the nations of the world . . .
- for our nation and its leaders . . .
- for this community and those who are in authority . . .
- for the church universal as it works on your behalf . . .
- for this local church in its ministry . . .
- for persons with particular needs . . .
We pray in the name of the Father and the Son,
who live and reign together with you,
one God forever and ever. Amen.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.